Love these tacos and you will too! Easy and fun. Your family will love them and so will guests.
Charred Corn and Chicken Tacos with Zucchini Slaw
1-2 pounds chicken tenders
1/2 pound radishes
1 whole zucchini
2 whole limes
4 ears of fresh corn(can use frozen but fresh is better)
2 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 white onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves(minced)
3 tbs parsley fresh(chopped)
1/2 cup cojita cheese(crumbled)(can use feta if can't find cojita)
1 tsp chili powder
8 flour or whole wheat tortillas
1. Cook Chicken: heat a pan over medium/high heat, season chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder. Once pan is hot add 1 tbs olive oil, cook chicken 3 -5 minutes turning until no longer pink and beautiful and brown on the outside. Set aside,
1. Cut radishes and zucchini into tiny matchsticks with a mandoline. If you dont have a mandoline, you can use a peeler to peel thick ribbons down the long side of the zucchini. Stack the ribbons and cut them crosswise into thin matchsticks. Cut the radishes into a similar shape by hand. Toss radishes and zucchini together. Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the radish and season with salt to taste. Add more lime juice if desired. Set aside.
2. Over a hot grill or on a hot grill pan two of the ears of corn until well-blackened but not completely burnt.(CAREFUL OF POPPING)
3. Remove cobs from heat, and when cool enough to handle, shave off kernels using a large knife and reserve. Remove kernels from remaining two ears of corn.
4. Heat a large sauté pan (love this pan!)over medium heat. Melt the butter and oil together and once hot, add the onion.
5. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the raw corn kernels and sauté until corn is just cooked through, about three to five minutes.
6. Turn heat to high, add the charred kernels of corn to the mixture, and toss to combine until heated through. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the corn mixture, and use the juice to scrape up any stuck bits. Season the corn mixture with salt and chili powder. Stir in chopped herbs, if using.
7. Wrap the whole stack of tortillas in foil and place it in a warm (300 degree) oven for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
Fill each taco with chicken(can cut into bite size pieces or leave whole tenders), a few small spoonfuls of the corn mixture. Top with a spoonful of crumbled cheese and a bit of the radish-zucchini slaw. Serve with an extra lime wedge on the side you'll have half a lime left to slice up), and whatever fixings you like (sour cream, avocado wedges, etc. See above).